06 January 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Kels

So today I would like to introduce to Kels, who has also been kind enough to share with us photos of her Filofax set up

Hi, my name is Kels, and I'm a planner-holic. I live with my lovely boyfriend and our 3 crazy kids in Ohio. I don't have a blog so I added some pictures to this post so you can see my lovely Razzie.


1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

Oh man I don't even remember the year...maybe 2005, 2006? It was a Red Personal Finsbury.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I did use my ARC planner for a majority of this year. Prior to that it was the Moleskine weekly planner. I started off way back in the 90s with a Franklin Covey that my mom got me...she was very much into planning and time-management as she was a business owner.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I am currently in planner heaven (or near it!) with my A5 Raspberry Finsbury.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I have 3...the two Finsburys mentioned above and a personal Lavender Domino. I went through two Personal sizes to figure out that A5 is where it's at for me!

5. What do you use your Filofax for?
My Filo is my life!! I use it for nearly EVERYTHING. From tracking my budget, to daily/weekly/monthly planning. I track all sorts of lists (kinda addicted to list-making), family information (sizes, gifts, etc), home project planning--i can't live without it right now!

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I just love being able to have as many sections as i could ever want. Being able to move them around in any order is something i appreciate. I love having everything i need in one location.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

It would be the perfect shade of purple, gorgeous leather, great pen loops, functional pockets, and it would come with certain accessories standard. You could pick which accessories you wanted such as CC holder, pockets, extra tabs, that sort of thing.

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

If it's not in my hand, it's in my purse. I carry large purses, so i never have a problem with my Filo fitting inside.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I LOVE the Wine Osterley...and the Malden looks lovely too.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

Well, my A5 Fins was on sale; so all of $75!

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

EVERYTHING! the community, the ideas i have gotten from everyone, the wonderful files from Steve and Ray...and especially knowing that there are other planner-obsessed people out there like me!

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Is this a trick question? :)

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

The last CD I downloaded was Trouble Man by T.I.










Thank you Kels for agreeing to go under our spotlight and also for all the photos. 

If any of you would like to be part of our Reader Under the Spotlight series, please get in touch with us at philofaxy at gmail dot com

16 comments:

  1. I just got a raspberry A5 Finsbury too. So far, I love it! How did you make the red pocket in the front of your Fins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the envelope from Meijer(grocery store) in the office supply section and punched the holes!

      Delete
  2. Good read and I loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the red pocket looks like a dl envelope folder which I think you can get from whsmiths and staples...they aren't hole punched...though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set-up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to 'meet' you & thanks for showing around Razzie, Kels :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your photos!! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate you sharing your set up and love the pictures. I am a newer filofax user and thought the personal size would be the right size for me, but I think I may be wrong. I have an A5 ordered so I will see if that size will work better for me just as it has for you. I sure do like the way you have the menu planner in your filofax. I always learn something from this great group of filofax users!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the size of the A5! It did take me a while to realize it, but for what I wanted to carry with me and accomplish I needed the extra room. I also write large and it truly takes too much effort for me to write smaller.

      Menu planning is also important to me because I tend to cook at least 5 nights out of the week, so I always need to have an idea what I need to defrost or change around according to my and my family's mood that night.

      Thanks for reminding me--I need to do my January meal planning!

      Delete