12 January 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight - Stephanie

Hello Everyone!
My name is Stephanie. I am 24 years old and a business student in University. I am from Canada and have been reading philofaxy for about a year now. Since I was a little girl (9 or 10 years old) I loved to have a planner! However, I have no idea what I use to keep in them at that age! To this day I still love having a planner. I have tried many times to "go digital" and use my iPad/iPhone for planning but it never works out I just can't give up my paper planners! Especially now that I have discovered Filofax! Philofaxy and the Filofax community on here and YouTube have also inspired me to start blogging about my Filofax related thoughts and ideas! 

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first actual Filofax March 2013 and it was a raspberry Pocket sized Chameleon. Before that I used a Daytimer 7-ring binder (the equivalent of Filofax A5 size)

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have used lots of different brands of spiral bound planners through junior high and high school. As well as a Daytimer planner.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I would have to say my current favourite Filofax would have to be my compact Holborn. The leather feels and smells amazing, it lies flat right out of the box. It is just amazing! However, I do kind of wish I had to get it in personal size because I would love to have sightly bigger rings. 

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

3 actual Filofax brand planners and a daytimer. I have a raspberry Chameleon, an orange personal Domino, and a black compact Holborn

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

I guess that would be my Chameleon since it was the first one I bought. Although they were all bought in 2013! 

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use my Filofax to organize my life, keep organized for university, and keep track of appointments! I have a terrible memory for someone who is only 24!! Haha :)

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I love how it is completely customizable and I can add in papers that I want to keep in my planner without having to use a paper clip or staple to keep it there. I also love how they look, and that I can keep using the planner without having to worry that I can't find the same one next year!  

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Honestly I adore the way they are and really don't have many complaints. The main thing I think I would change would be the pen loop! They need to make the leather ones a bit bigger so that they can hold normal sized pens. Luckily for me I found a very thin pen that doubles as a stylus for my iPad which fits in the leather pen loop but if I wanted to use anything else that is nice to write with it doesn't fit. The only other change I would suggest isn't for the planner itself but for the Filofax site. I think it would be nice if you could choose the format of the planner pages that it comes with instead of them sending you a set of pages and you ordering the set you want. 

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

Typically I carry my Filofax in my tote bag for school, however if I am not going to school it will go in my purse or I will just carry it in my hand. I goes most places with me! 

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I really like the A5 Holborn, but I don't think I will be buying it since it is currently out of stock. I also really like the grey personal malden which is super hard to find! 

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

I think it would be the Holborn.  However, it was on sale for $34.50 when I bought it so that is really not expensive at all! Got to take advantage of Filofax sales when your on a student budget! 

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

I love to use the Martha Stewart dew drops to make note of things that occur weekly (to save space). I also like to take Smash book pages or index cards and hole punch them to use as note pages within my weekly calendar to keep extra information that I don't have space to write on the day (for example: what I need to bring to a group meeting for school). 

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love seeing all the creativity people have when it comes to setting up their planners. Also love seeing reader under the spotlight as it gives you insight into other planner lovers lives! Of course the fact that it is a community of Filofax lovers! 

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

There is nothing that I dislike about Philofaxy! It is one of my favourite blogs to read! It has helped me find several interesting blogs to read about Filofax! 

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

I think it may have been The Monster - Eminem and Rihanna 

Thank you,

Thank you Stephanie for volunteering to go under our spotlight. If any of you would like to also appear in this feature then please email philofaxy at gmail dot com

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post. Your photo too reminded me of Twiggy in the 60's model shoots. So pretty!! Pastel pink colours suit you .... maybe there will be a few more pink filos and stationery to add to your collection over time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post ... like your idea of customising your inserts when you order from the site! JEENYUS! x

    ReplyDelete