14 September 2010

Reader Under The Spot Light - Judith

Judith is as you will see relatively new to the Filofax brand, but obviously found us quite quickly! You will know her as Jotje.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first “real” Filofax this May: an A5 pink Finsbury.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I’ve used Succes and Time/System and other binders for many years.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Depends on the function! For my work filo, it’s definitely A5, preferably in the 2 pages per day format. For my on-the-go filo (doubling as wallet), it’s the Mini size.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Seven.

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

A5 pink Finsbury as work filo; A5 snakeskin bronze Domino as school record/meeting binder for my four kids; A5 red Domino for recipes; Personal Cherry as budget planner; Personal lavender Domino as Travel filo; mini raspberry Finsbury as planner on the go/wallet/shopping list/To do satellite; mini lilac Classic as storage binder and one-day-replacement for my mini Finsbury.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

That you can suit it to your own needs! And the binders are of a high quality and have a great design. Just love the look and feel of them!

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Lots of pockets! I don’t care for the notepad pocket in the A5, it should have been secretarial pockets. The personal size should come with a full width (wallet) pocket. The zip compartment should be bigger (add a bit of leather so you can pull it out).

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

The mini and Travel filo (and at some occasions the school binder) in my shoulder bag, the rest stays at home.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I like the purple Adelphi and the raspberry A5 Finsbury. Not gonna buy them, because I don’t need another one right now. On the other hand: I can’t stay away from ebay, so when a nice opportunity rises, I’ll probably jump on it and just create a new function for it.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

47 Euro for the A5 Domino Snakeskin.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

Everything! The pics, the reviews, the speaker’s corner with all personal
experiences and dilemma’s. Very insightful!

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

What’s NOT to like?

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

Wow, a non-filo question! Last albums were Adele (“19”) and Bill Withers (“Life at Carnegie Hall” – which I had been looking for for ages!).

Thank you Judith for agreeing to go under the 'spot light' 

9 comments:

  1. Am I reading right? 7 filos since May???? Major Kudos on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! How bad is that? In my defence: I've been using Ringbound planners for many many many years, just not Filofax.
    And I just bought number 8: a personal Raspberry Chameleon, which is be-au-ti-ful!
    I'm debating whether it should be my 2011 journal (with 1DPP inserts) or my companion/notebook for my Arts Classes which I start next week ...
    Hey, maybe I should buy another one ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to meet you, Judith via your post. Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I have been naughty and ordered some more as well, one for my twin sister who cant get them in the caribbean (got her the domino personal in red) and couldnt help but get myself a pink personal finsbury and the pocket butterfly in red. Now I definitely CANNOT get any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Lots of pockets! I don’t care for the notepad pocket in the A5, it should have been secretarial pockets. The personal size should come with a full width (wallet) pocket. The zip compartment should be bigger (add a bit of leather so you can pull it out)."

    Those pockets and wallet pockets might be the reason why newer filofaxes don't lay flat. I'd like exactly the opposite: Filofaxes with only very basic pockets, and NO zip pockets at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @HP Fuchs: you mean like a Domino in real leather? (but with a snap closure instead of the elastic)

    Must say though: my A5 Finsbury lay flat immediately. Then again, it doesn't have a full width wallet pocket (which would look really stupid on an A5, I assume LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  7. "you mean like a Domino in real leather? (but with a snap closure instead of the elastic)"

    Exactly! In superb leather quality and craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would have to be a Cuban A5 in a slimline version! The leather is thick, but an A5 is easily trained to lay flat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, thanks :-)
    I'll stay with my Personal Bridle and Personal Savannah for the next decades.

    ReplyDelete